The Muddy Insider’s ABC to SAFW
Forget London, Paris, Milan. Next week, the frow to be on is right here in Herts. St Albans Fashion Week, now in its fourth year, will be kicking off — in the most stylish way — next Monday and running-in-heels until the following Saturday. There are events, workshops, shopping evenings, lunches, dinners, wine, all sorts, going on — as well as the stunning catwalk show in St Albans Cathedral — involving more than 100 businesses.
There’s just far too much to do and see for one Muddy on her own, so I decided to ask local stylist and personal shopper Alice Barnes of ABC Image for her top tips for making the most of the week.
I had to do it quickly, though — Alice has been busy-busy with dress fittings for her first time experience of being a model for the catwalk, as well as preparing to host not one but two style masterclasses — one in-store at Hobbs, and one in the delicious Thompson restaurant.
So, here they are — Alice’s top tips to make the most out of your SAFW experience.
- Throughout the week, many local retailers will be putting on nibbles and bubbles whilst you shop as well as giving you style advice and discounts. Free food and drink, free styling and bargains – what’s not to like?
- Sign up to one of the many exciting events taking place day and evening including how to build a capsule wardrobe, how to look good knackered (wouldn’t that be handy?) or my masterclass on how to dress for your body shape.
- There are a handful of tickets left for the fabulous cathedral catwalk show — although the Friday night is already sold out! — so grab yours now. Get to see models of all ages shapes and sizes — including me! — bringing the clothes to life, this season’s top styles and, of course, there’s a goody bag!
- It’s all in aid of charity, so you’ll be doing good while you shop and dine. This year the chosen charity is Starscope, raising money and awareness for cerebral palsy.
- Take advantage of some fantastic offers throughout the week and especially on ‘Super Shopping Saturday’ on the 29th, where there will be extra discounts and special perks. Check out the online brochure for details of the offers on pages 16-17 and 20-21, as well as details of all the events.
See you there!