Folk by the Oak family ticket giveaway!
Sing along to your favourite folk songs and learn some new ones under the old oak tree at Hatfield House.
Amy MacDonald? Eliza Carthy? Billy Bragg? If the mere sound of these names make you break into an impromptu jig, you might like to enter our giveaway for a family ticket to this year’s Folk by the Oak festival on Sunday 15 July at Hatfield House. And of course if you haven’t got a clue, it’s always good to try something different.
As the folkier readers might know, Folk by the Oak is the largest one day folk festival in the country and it manages to create the buzz of a 3-day festival in joyous day of music, fun and bunting, without the need to camp. Phew!
As well as bringing together an exceptional line-up of folk, roots and acoustic talent, which this year includes international festival favourite Amy MacDonald, the legendary Billy Bragg, and critically acclaimed Eliza Carthy, Folk by the Oak is a festival designed as a great family day out.
The Main Stage with its outdoor arena means that children can freely dance about in the parkland and the smaller, covered Acorn Stage attracts a little gathering of children right at the front singing along to favourite songs. As well as programming a day of sublime music across these two stages, there are loads of great activities for children of all ages to enjoy, either in the dedicated family area or dotted around the festival site.
Unusually in the festival world, you can even take your own picnic to Folk by the Oak, so feeding kids doesn’t mean spending a fortune or leaving the auditorium and missing out on the action. Should supplies run low there’s a carefully selected and plentiful array of tasty food stalls available too, as well as that festival essential for the grown-ups, the real ale bar!
WE HAVE A WINNER!
And the winner is Chris Housman.
- GO to the Muddy Herts Facebook page and LIKE the page before midnight on Fri 6 July. (If you like a page you are also following).
- LIKE the giveaway post pinned at the top and comment on why you’d like to win this great giveaway plus TAG a friend in the comments who you think would like a family pass to Folk by the Oak.
- The names will be put in the Muddy Herts straw hat and the winner will be drawn by Muddy Herts. The winner’s name will be posted on the Muddy Herts Facebook page on Sat 7 July.
Simple as that – Go, Follow, Like, Tag.
- Entrants must be 18 years and over.
- The chance to win the giveaway ends at midnight on Fri 6 July.
- You win one family day pass to Folk by the Oak on Sunday 15 July. Each pass admits 4 people, and one person in the group must be aged over 18 (NB children under the age of 2 years do not require a ticket).
- No alternative prize will be offered and the prize cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The giveaway does not include food and drink from any stalls or bar.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or in association with, Facebook. Facebook can’t be held liable for anything related to this promotion.
Don’t want to leave it to chance? For the full line-up and to book tickets go to Folk by the Oak.