Traditional village pub with modern twist and everything ‘cricket’
Situated in the picturesque village of Weston in North Hertfordshire, nearby to Stevenage, Hitchin, Baldock and Letchworth, The Cricketers has all the characteristics and more of a traditional village pub. Newly refurbished, the old is blended in with a few modern twists but still retains a friendly casual style.
They are open every day for drinks, lunch or dinner and offer a casual order at the bar style of service, no need to book – unless you are a party of 10 or more. Booking is required in ‘The Pavilion’.
- Menu, locally sourced produce good honest pub classics, Sunday roasts with the best ‘yorkies’,pizzas, kids menu, baguette menu
- ‘The Pavilion’cosy eating area, wood fire, function room with deck terrace to garden booking required
- Locals bar, real ales, accessible wine list and eating area – no need to book (unless you are a party of 10 or more) ORDER and PAY at the bar, walk-ins very welcome
- ‘Cricket Ball’ wood fired pizza oven in open plan purpose built kitchen – choose your own pizza toppings, eat in or takeaway
- Large family garden, kids playground, games treasure chest
- Parties and special occasions catered for
Home Made Pub Grub & Locals Bar
The Cricketers serves the best of traditional homemade British pub grub with a regular changing menu, daily specials and fish from their fishermen friends in North Norfolk. There’s a great Kid’s menu and the quirky attraction of a ‘cricket ball’ wood fired pizza oven in the newly equipped purpose built open plan kitchen. The homemade pizza dough is freshly baked to your order. Choose from Chef’s pizza menu or create your own, lots of delicious toppings to whet your appetite, eat in or takeaway.
Kids, Muddy Boots & Muddy Paws
The young team at The Cricketers welcomes all to ‘taste the experience’ of casual dining whether it’s in the bar, ‘The Pavilion’ or garden. Muddy boots and muddy paws are very welcome and there’s a play area in the garden with lots of garden games for kids’ play.
The Cricketers is part of Anglian Country Inns, a family-run award-winning hospitality business based in East Anglia.